Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Long Distance (No Distance)

Disregard the ticking clock
Time is just a dusty trap scheming against our longings

Forget any given concept about hours
Seconds tend to get selfish in their loneliness
Trying to over-expand their splatter of importance
When we are apart

Ignore the geographical gap
Distance stretches its arms in a thug of war
Pulling both sides to its center

We meet in the middle
Tectonic plates sliding in together like God-made matching enzymes
Counter parts of a two-piece puzzle
Together complete

And every morning
I wake up drinking what reminisces of your taste in my mouth
I find in the breeze the whiff of your armpit
I touch your hands through the prints you left on my skin
I hear your laughter in every madly barking dog
Every tanned man over 6 feet tall wears your face for a second

You ask me about the empty space between our bodies
Don’t you see? It’s filled up with air
We’ve never ceased rubbing each other’s surfaces

The only geography I know
Is the vastness of your Land
My only concept of Time
Is what slips between our threads when I'm lost in your abyss

Nothing can come between us

I'm here
I'm yours
I'll wait