Thursday, October 01, 2009

Genesis

They have opened the golden gates
They tangle their glory in front of my face
They offer me the status of the rich, the nectar of the Gods
They invite me in with promises of fame and fortune
Selling their acclaimed format of happiness

I stand motionless
I don’t want their happiness
Whose dream am I supposed to live?

Conformity had confused me
I had adapted to what they told me about success
I had forged a Master Plan of way of living that was never mine
I had surrendered to their army of compliance
And accepted a fate written down prior to my own will

But wait
There was hope left
I didn’t know but I still knew better

So there I went blindfolded by my innocent ignorance
Crossing continents
Searching for something
I didn’t know exactly what

I closed my eyes
And flew unintentionally into my destine
Just to hit face first against my shallowness

God, I’d been wrong!
How the hell had I been living?

I found myself landing in Joy
Thick smoke immediately dissipating
And a forgotten humanity squeezed epiphany out of my chest

It was all so clear
There it was
Me

And by Me, I mean the Me that I most like out of myself
That Amazonian identity of woman that jumps head first into the world
That has no fear of downfalls
And no hesitation towards happiness

Fuck precaution
Life is a sip of light in the vastness of this universe
Throw me into the black hole
Stir galaxies within me
Pare o mundo que eu quero descer!

I jumped in
And swam my mediterranean Sea
I ran across my borders
I biked the streets of my depth
To finally reawaken my Titan within

Life was blown into my nostrils

And in the seven night
After founding my own Genesis
And resting on my Sun-day
I climbed the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil
I caressed softly the Serpent skin
And took a full bite of the succulent Apple
Unaware of having invited my Adam in

I opened my eyes and there He was
Tribal Man-giant smiling at me
Palpable mirage watering my desert
Offering freely his bare heart to my hunger
No fig’s leaves needed
No shame welcomed

Go ahead and throw us out of the Garden
We will build our own

I’d be happy to bear the pain of childbirth over and over again
And live 930 years
As long as my Adam is with me

Close your golden gates
Our land has no fences

I rather swim my oceans than climb your mounts

I have found Home in the land and chest of my lover
Home sweet home

And here we are
Full of life and
Filled with love

Here I am
Libertad