Monday, August 09, 2010

Morning of Forgiveness

Eyes still close, dawn of the mind

I went to sleep thorns and sparrows
Howling current of dirt
Yellowed village of dusty dreams

I dreamed vast land of volcanic islands
Hidden paths to early civilizations
Dark jungles and prehistoric mountains
Hungry birds of the heart

And there were gods and titans
Fauns and nymphs
Ancient gathering of mythological ghosts
Million thoughts in thousand whispers

I flew through the surface of the earth
Full of mud and dirt
I smelled its roots from above
I listened to the sound of nothing
And soared through intricate threads of sky

I saw infinite dunes of eternally shifting sand
Cosmic dance of complex galaxies
Boundless universe of untamable stars
roaring ecstasy of the mind

I went far into nowhere
Deep into the deepest depth
I dove head first into the whole
Baring all secrets
Undressing to the weight of light
Pure and bright

I slithered old layer of skin
And ate its protein as nutrient for my new
I re-puzzled the broken
And reset what was filled

I just opened my eyes for the day
Everything else stayed behind